Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chocolate Goodness Cookies

Today was not the best of days...Car is not doing well and I spent all day at the dealership and returned home without it, which in return makes me sad. When I am sad,  I need chocolate.  So, here is the outcome of my sadness and now I am feeling Very Happy (for now)!  Hope you love these as much as I do.  Not to sweet but hits the spot in a time of need.
                                And just so you know...NO, I did not eat them all!  haha

                                         
                                

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoons prepared coffee
  • 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
  • 1/3 cup of pecans, chopped
  • 2 cups (12 ounces) Semisweet chocolate chips

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and kosher salt. In a separate bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, add vanilla and coffee. Slowly add the flour mixture just until incorporated. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
Drop dough with a tablespoon or a small ice cream scoop, 2 inches apart onto baking sheets and bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until golden. Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute and transfer to racks to cool completely.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so good at baking, my friend!!!!

Theresa said...

MK..I do love to Bake! : )

HJoubert said...

We are not big fans of coconut in my house. Is it possible to omit this from the recipe?

Theresa said...

Heather...Yes, you can take out the coconut! Just add more pecans to it and maybe add some peanut butter chips...the kids will love it! Send them all my love and I hope they like the cookies! xoxo