A little something I made Sunday but did not have the time to post...until now. Life certainly gets busy! I love to bake and cook apples when the weather gets cold and tonight we are in for our first frost. Maybe if you all have a few apples around this can be a night time snack with a scoop of vanilla ice cream...Taste just like Apple Pie A La Mode, without the crust! I guess that would save on a few calories. ; ) This smells amazing and your house will to!
|Mmmm...Perfect on a cold night!|
|I love this little tool...saves me so much time. I got this many years ago from Pampered Chef.|
|Apples in the pot...ready to be cooked!!|
- 6 -8 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon Sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, ½ stick
1. In large saucepan, combine apples, orange juice, brown sugar, Cinnamon, nutmeg, kosher salt and ½ of the butter.
2. Bring to a low boil then reduce the heat and Simmer over low heat until tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in cinnamon sugar and remainder of the butter and cook until thoroughly heated.
|Thick and chunky and full of Love!|