These coconut macaroons were my grandmothers favorite cookies. I remember how my grandmother loved to have her tea with a couple of these sweet little cookies. Sweet memories....
Miss her everyday! So this is dedicated to her and my memories of her.
· 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
· 1 large egg white, beaten
· 1 (14 oz.) package flaked coconut
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
· Cherries for topping. I used a cherry almond sauce to top them.
· Heat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
· Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg white, coconut and vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonful’s onto prepared baking sheets.
· Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire rack. Let them cool completely before digging in…they need to set up.
|Make sure you mix very well...all the coconut needs to be completly coated.|
|I used a cherry almond sauce to top, but you can use any type of cherry you like (fresh or marachino)|