Saturday, November 12, 2011

Coconut Macaroon Cookies



These coconut macaroons were my grandmothers favorite cookies.  I remember how my grandmother loved to have her tea with a couple of these sweet little cookies. Sweet memories....
Miss her everyday!  So this is dedicated to her and my memories of her.





Ingredients:
·        1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
·        1 large egg white, beaten
·        1 (14 oz.) package flaked coconut
·        2 teaspoons vanilla extract
·        1/2 teaspoon almond extract
·        Cherries for topping. I used a cherry almond sauce to top them.

Preparation:
·        Heat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
·        Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg white, coconut and vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonful’s onto prepared baking sheets.
·        Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire rack. Let them cool completely before digging in…they need to set up.



Make sure you mix very well...all the coconut needs to be completly coated.




I used a cherry almond sauce to top, but you can use any type of cherry you like (fresh or marachino)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I always say, cooking is an art but baking is a science... you are great at both my friend. Great job!

dmg said...

Kudos to you Theresa!! Love your recipes - it's obvious you've poured a lot of your sweet self into presenting them. I think even I could try this one. What a nice holiday gift it would make. Yum! I wish you much success my dear! :)

Theresa said...

Thank you so much Darilyn!! I appreciate you and your kind words so very much!! : )

Theresa said...

MK...Thank you so much my friend!! I do love to do both! : )